ACTL PhD programme
Current PhD research
- Shu Chien Chen
- Tjebbe Gerverdinck
- Paul Hondius
- Alexia Kardachaki
- Marieke Koerts
- Martijn Nouwen
- Thidaporn Sirithaporn
- Evgenia Shamanova
- Clark Warren
Application for PhD candidacy
The ACTL frequently has openings for internal PhD researchers and also considers proposals of external candidates. These positions lead to the award of a doctoral degree from the University of Amsterdam.
Applications should be sent by email to ACTL PhD Programme Director, Prof. Otto Marres and should contain the following:
- Letter of motivation
- Research proposal - maximum 2,000 words
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt.
Criteria for PhD application
- Candidate's research proposal must fall within the ACTL research programme.
- Supervisor within the ACTL must be available to supervise the candidate.
- Candidate must possess an LLM or equivalent post-graduate degree from an accredited university.
- PhD thesis must be written in English or Dutch; the ACTL prefers PhD theses written in English.