CPT Research Integrity rules
- The CPT project endorses the Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity of the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU) and the European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity of the All European Academies (the ALLEA Code). It endorses the principles of honesty, scrupulousness, transparency, independence and responsibility mentioned therein. The project also endorses the duties of care referred to in the Code of Conduct.
- All Academic supervisors, coordinators and (partner) researchers involved in the CPT project will therefore be expected to be familiar with these principles and to act in accordance with them.
- The relevant rules and regulations can be found on the UvA website under Rules and regulations.
Transparency and Independence
- The results and conclusions of the research to be conducted under the umbrella of the CPT project cannot be influenced by the interests and wishes of Collaborative Partners.
- All Academic supervisors, coordinators and (partners) researchers involved in the CPT project must sign a Declaration of Scientific Independence, which expressly acknowledges that:
- The structure of the research shall not be geared towards producing the desired. outcome for the Collaborative Partners of the CPT project.
- Remuneration and other tokens of appreciation shall never depend on the outcome or interpretation of the research.
- The results of scientific research shall be published in independent journals irrespective of whether they are favorable to the Collaborative Partner.
- The CPT project (and website) will always be mentioned in CPT researchers publications.
- Relevant interests and/or advisory relations of the researcher(s) shall be cited in publications and other forms of disclosure.
- UvA Researchers joining the project are hired in accordance with the UvA rules (terms of employment).
Diversity and Inclusion
- The CPT project endorses the diversity policies of the UvA established in UvA’s Diversity Document. The CPT project is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion in relation to both the individuals and the Collaborative Partners involved in this research initiative.
- Regarding individuals, the CPT project promotes ethnic diversity and the equality and inclusion of people from all manner of social and cultural backgrounds, genders, faiths, sexual orientations and degrees of ability. The project shall form teams that are diverse in composition and foster the creation of a culture that makes optimal use of the different perspectives and opinions represented in such teams.
- In relation to Collaborative Partners, the CPT project cultivates identical diversity policy by being opened to all type of external organizations and promoting potential partnerships with businesses, governments and NGOs of different regions, countries, sizes, cultures and industries.